Sunday 27 April 2008

Adventures in Craigslisting

I've decided that I have too much stuff. And I need some money. So, I'm doing the obvious thing: Selling said stuff for required $$$. Posting "For Sale" flyers has a very small audience. Doing a Garage Sale is WAAAAAYY too much work for my lazy busy self. Ebay is just entirely too complicated with it's long distance shipping and paypal... Enter Craigslist. I put my old junk gently used goods' pics online, I reach a whole bunch of people via the wonder of the interwebs. We meet somewhere in the geographical and monetary middle, then they bring cash and I bring item. Here you go, thank you, DONE. I love it. It's a Garage Sale for the 21st century.

Sigh, the only problem is that I've had no nibbles. Nada. Maybe my junk is too junky? The general population has realized that one man's trash truly is another mans trash? Maybe I spelled "bowls" wrong, and someone thinks I'm selling the lowest part of my intestines? Hmmm... :( Turns out selling stuff is a good idea in theory, but it requires something beyond my control - a buyer. However, I am giddy at the thought of actually GETTING a buyer! I'm obsessed with checking my email waiting for that offer to come in! Who'd've thought that finding someone willing to come cart my unwanteds away would be so exciting??? I find myself looking around for more stuff to sell. I don't really need a fridge/stove/bathtub, do I? On second though, I think I'd lose my damage deposit... Anyone wanna buy the half-eaten box of Raisin Bran in my cupboard? I've got some leftover halloween candy with your name on it! No? Maybe some shampoo dregs for the lady? A tube of lipstick that, as it turns out, is REALLY not my colour?

Sigh. So far this adventure is rather one-sided. Maybe it would help if I posed Vana White style in the pictures? "Note: Glittery model wannabe not included."

C'mon world, help a girl out!

No comments: