Tuesday 22 April 2008

Lock up your grandparents...

The kids and I went to the old-folks home today. The old folks looooooove kids. Some of them also love picking their unmentionables immediatly beforehand. (Gag.) I digress...

Mom was getting Lily to help get *Mrs. Smith*, who was in a wheelchair, down the hall to the elevators so she could go downstairs for dinner. I'm not entirely sure what prompted her to do so, but I'm guessing the fumes from that place have finally sanitized her brain. Six-year-old girls do not understand the needs of the elderly - nay, the needs of anyone but themselves. They do, however, innately understand the principals of RACING. Take one six-year-old who is built like a gazelle, give her an old lady on wheels and a straightaway... There's no good outcome to this scenario. Let's just say that it's a good thing Mrs. Smith was wearing her depends, because she definitly shat herself today!

Lesson number one: Six-year-olds need more explanation and guidance than a troop of blind armless eskimos lost in the rainforest.

Lesson number two: Guiding something/one (at high speeds) should only be attempted when you are tall enough to see overtop of it/them.

Lesson number three: Wheelchairs really ought to have brakes...

1 comment:

The Rose Queen said...

OK first your Lillian is too cute with words, don't the little buggers pick up only the stuff you'd hope they wouldn't.

Second, I love the seeing the pic of the lo looking in the mirror, too darn cute.

Third, you know how I found your blog. and I love it!

Forth, I've thought about taking the kids to the old age home but thankyou, for helping me with my decision not to, LOL!