For the record, today alone we've covered the following topics:
- Why words are spelled the way they are.
- The difference between a waffle and a pancake (the amount of dishes, as far as I'm concerned).
- Why some little brothers are circumcized and some are not.
- Why certain six-year-old neighbourhood children ought to be rounded up and sent to the zoo.
- Why some TV shows are not for children.
- Where fruit flies come from.
- Why we don't leave Barbie shoes on the floor (ouch).
- How many times one child can say "she poked me!" before the big vein in mommy's head explodes.
- What deodorant is for.
- Why changing into new clothes because you got a little handwashing backsplash on you is not acceptable.
- How many utensils one child needs for spagetti.
- Yes, Finnigan, gravity affects pizza.
- Yes, Finnigan, your sippy cup too.
- That you can no longer leave lids off of
highlightersmarkers, because they will dry out and mommy no longer has access to any more free highlightersmarkers.
- That lippin' off to your mama is a good way to get a whuppin'. Rachel, this means you.
Finnigan spent about a half hour today in his playpen, banging on the window and yelling "DA-DA! DA-DA! DA-DAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!" and telling me "ta, mama" whenever I had a bottle in my hand. Demanding little booger.
It's 9:33pm, and my brain is long-since fried. And they are STILL. TALKING.