Tuesday 10 June 2008

Another random thing that has been irritating me:

(I don't remember who has it, but this blinkee KILLS me)

"Uneducated people do what they are told. Educated people QUESTION what they are told."

Now I'm no CEO, but if I was looking to hire someone, and EVERY. SINGLE. TIME. I asked them to do something I was met with "Why? Why do you want me to do that? Why is it important? Why does it need to be done that way? Why does it need to be done?" I would go abso-posi-lutely APESHIT. I don't have the time to walk you through every single detail compiled over years of trial, error, and research just because you haven't been there. Just DO it BECAUSE I'M THE BOSS AND I TOLD YOU TO. Intelligence is knowing when to NOT question, but to act.

Same with children. Will anyone think it's sooooo klassy and matoore and edumacated when our little minor children start questioning every little thing we tell them? NO! OBEDIENCE! I'M THE MOMMY - THAT'S WHY!!! Intelligence is knowing who to trust - and trusting someone with more authority and experience who has your best interests at heart.

Sometimes, you have to just accept that there are people out there who are bigger than you, smarter than you, have more information than you, and have done all the research FOR you. There's no need to re-invent the wheel just because you want to try to be all s-m-r-t and arrive at the same damn conclusion for yourself. Question things that are infinite.

Intelligence is knowing your role in the grand scheme of things. If your mechanic tells you to turn your head and cough - question that. If your doctor does it, you're probably good. If your gynecologist does it? You get the point.

Ohh, well, someone told me there was a continent called "Europe", I dunno though, I'll have to verify that for myself. Intelligence is knowing what's questionable. If the mouth is busy questioning, the ears cannot hear to learn.

Basically, what I'm trying to say is; Orders are orders, and ideas are ideas, and nary the twain shall meet. This blinkee is comparing apples to oranges, and it IRKS me. You take orders. You question ideas. You can EXPOUND on orders, but you're best to not question their veracity. It's not usually very smart.

I'd like to edit this blinkee to say, "Narrcissistic people have stupid blinkees that, when taken literally, translate into a bunch of fluffy nonsense in a desperate attempt to make people think they are smarter (better) than they actually are." Or maybe that's too long? Maybe it should just say "I think I'm better than you." Yeah, that should fit.

Educated people would realize how glaringly idiotic this blinkee is.

I feel better now.

7 comments:

Kari-Anne said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
The Rose Queen said...

LOL LOL LOL LOL !!!! I soooo agreeee with you! You made an awesome point! Tell me that you did tell this person this right???

Cristin said...

I feel better too.

thanks

Kari-Anne said...

Sorry I had a spelling mistake lol

Kira said...

Kari-Anne - Now I don't remember what you said, repost! Repost!!!

Bad Mommy said...

Heehee. That one pisses me off too. Just follow my orders darnit!

Brooke McIntire said...

I.Love.You.