Wednesday 6 May 2009

Rinse, repeat

So I mopped the floors this afternoon. I just took this picture after dinner. See? Can you see the clean underneath the fresh layer of dirty?


But then, then I mopped again, AND waxed, and now look! So shiny!

Is it only me though, who thinks that these real-wood floors always look dirty? Do you know how many knots I tried to scrub off today, thinking they were ground-in raisins? I think I'm just used to my old fake-wood floors...

I'm not going to bed tonight. Oh no, I will be sitting here enjoying my clean floors for the precious few hours they will be clean. Children have an aversion to clean floors, as evidenced above. I mean, just hazard a guess as to where the baby sits. I dare you.

So, so pretty... I need better smelling wax though, this smells like fake fruit. Ick. But so pretty!

3 comments:

Amanda said...

The fact that with three kids, you manage to mope twice AND wax...amazes me...your like superwoman! I live by myself, work a normal work week and my house is a disaster..even when I've "cleaned" its still messy....sigh...i'm in awe!

Daggy said...

Ha ha ha, I feel for you! We had hardwood installed PER MY INSISTANCE (WTF was I thinking???) a few months ago, and I swear to God, it added about 10 hours of work to my daily cleaning schedule...

Sam said...

hi nice blog you got good jog i like it, i hope you will join my blog so we can be friends. maybe we can help each other.