Friday 24 April 2009

Kids say the most condescending things

Finn and I were out for a walk today in our neighbourhood when a mini van slowly rolled to a stop beside us. It was the mother of one of their friends.

"Do you know what your daughters have been telling me?" she asked.

"Uh oh." I said.

She laughed. Apparently when the girls play with her daughter, they tell her to go put a dress on "to be an old-fashioned mommy". My girls are ALWAYS in dresses, but I just chalked it up to them being girly-girls. Their friend is quite the tomboy and apparently her asking her mom for a dress rendered said mother completely speechless.

But wait, that's not even the best part.

My daughters, little snobs that they are, gave this poor woman QUITE the stern talking-to for using disposable diapers. How common. They informed her that cloth diapers - like the kind THEIR brother wears - are the only way to diaper your baby if you want to be an old-fashioned mother.

Where do they get this crap? Old-fashioned? Do they see me as a 50's housewife? Do they aspire to be 50's housewives?

They're so young, and so snobby. We'll be having a chat when they get home.

Newsflash ladies: You were BOTH diapered with disposable diapers. Indeed.

1 comment:

Breanna said...

oh my goodness that is too funny!!!