Monday 2 March 2009

And so it begins...

The ba-ba's are going bye-bye. It is time. It was probably time a long time ago, but he still really wanted them, and I didn't see any real reason to traumatize him by taking them away before he was ready. But now it is time, and he's ok with that.

Step one: Restrict bottles to before naps/bedtime. Check!

Step two: Use up remaining 8oz bottle liners. Check!

Step three: Transition to 4oz bottles. Check!

Step four: Use up remaining 4oz bottle liners. In progress.

Step five: Bye-bye bottles!

I'll keep you posted on how it goes. So far, so good.

2 comments:

Sallie said...

Good luck Kira! We followed a similiar plan in getting rid of Maddox's ba-bas, all was well - we were out of 4 ounce liners and doing fine - then in a moment of weakness with a fussy baby, I realized you could slip in a ziplock bag in a pinch and use it has a bottle liner- that set us back a few weeks
:-)

Kira said...

Sallie, oh Sallie, why did you have to tell me that?!? I am WEAK! Lol. You did make me laugh out loud though - that's totally something I would do too!