Tuesday 3 March 2009

Product Review: SWHEAT SCOOP

Can we talk Kitty Litter here for a minute? (Of course we can, it's my blog and I do what I want.) Kitty litter is disgusting. Kitty litter in your own house, even more so. But what can you do? The Fuzzy Orange Ball of Stupid that lives here needs a place to poop!

I have the answer - thy name is SWHEAT SCOOP. No, that's not a typo. See, it's made completely of wheat. Most cat litter is clay based, with a host of other chemicals to make it not become slimy and keep it smelling nice. Swheat Scoop is made of 100% natural, totally biodegradable, easily renewable wheat. It's completely flushable in septic tanks and sewers alike, and I swear to you, is entirely odourless. The first time I used it, I immediately noticed that there was no dust kicked up when I poured it in the litter box. No more toxic mushroom cloud that can clog your lungs and burn your eyes while adding fresh litter! Then I tried to smell it. No smell. Unless you stick your nose literally inches from the litter, and then it smells faintly of fresh bread. Not so bad, I say. Even the dirty litter doesn't smell. Now, my cat can clear out a room with the best of us, but once you light a match in there after him - it's done. Kronk took to the new litter with zero issues - it looks and feels just like conventional litter, though it is beige in colour instead of the standard Institutional Grey. It clumps and scoops just like conventional litter, and because it doesn't smell - my kids don't mind scooping! With three of us scooping whenever we're in the bathroom anyway (handily, it's where we keep the litter) no one ever has to do the heavy duty cleaning necessitated by a neglected litter box.

Cons: It's about twenty cents/lb more expensive. Meaning you pay less than two dollars more per big ol' box that lasts my one cat a month. That's it. That's the list of cons.

I seriously will never go back. I want stock in this company. I kind of wish I used a litter box.

Swheat Scoop people, call me. I wanna write your next ad campaign!

3 comments:

Schmoochiepoo said...

Holy Crap! And I mean that.
I have 2 stinky poop-machines and that stuff sounds fantabulous!

Even better it's sold here!

Kira said...

TRY. IT. Seriously. Then come back and tell me what you think! It is the bomb, I am in love.

Dawn said...

I like that and yesterdays news - but I just switched to an automatic litter box. No more scooping for me.