Saturday 9 February 2008

"I'm hungry/I'm bored/I can't sleep and NOOOOOO!" 87 Ways Small Children Say "I'm Tired". Lesson One: Stalling.

Me: "Rachel, why are you out of bed?"
Rachel: "I wanna show you sumsin'."
M: "What do you want to show me?"
R: "Ummmmm..."
M: "Go to bed, you're tired."

~~~~~

Me: "Lillian, why are you out of bed?"
Lillian: "I'm hungry."
M: "What do you want?"
L: "I don't know."
M: "Bread? Apple? Steak dinner?"
L: I"'m just not hungry for any of those things."
M: "You're not hungry for anything. Your little brain is confused."
L: "No."
M: "Go to bed, you're tired.

~~~~~

Me (exasperated): "WHY are TWO GIRLS out of bed?!?!?!?
Both: "We can't sleep"
M: "You've been in bed for three seconds."
2: "We tried, but we just can't sleep."
M: "TO TO BED, YOU'RE TIRED!"

~~~~~

Finnigan: "Gbsplxt?"
Me: "Go to bed, I'm tired."

No comments: